JACK’S DOLLARS SCHOLARSHIPS
JACK’S DOLLARS is a Scholarship Program that provides financial assistance to families who are looking to get their loved ones on the Autism Spectrum into community programs.
In order to qualify for JACK’S DOLLARS, you MUST adhere to all the guidelines listed below.
- JACK’S DOLLARS are available for the following programs: Arts & Crafts, Dance, Hobbies, Music, Recreation, Sports.
- The individual benefiting from the program must have a primary diagnosis of ASD.
- Families must be Michigan residents.
- A complete “JACK’S DOLLARS” Scholarship Application, with all required documentation, must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the program start date.
- Provider of the program or camp (i.e. organization, institution, foundation, school, etc.) must be licensed and insured.
- Applicants MUST provide JACK’S PLACE for Autism Foundation documentation of ASD diagnosis in the form of: a) Current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) – b) Person Centered Plan (PCP) – c) Original or Treating Physician’s Diagnosis.
- A Peer Partner may apply for JACK’S DOLLARS in order to support and/or assisting the individual with ASD during the same program. The Peer Partner MUST complete a JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarship Application.
- JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarships are available up to a maximum of $250.00 per calendar year per individual.
- JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarships are NOT available to pay registration, enrollment or assessment fees.
- There is no age restriction to receive JACK’S DOLLARS.
- JACK’S PLACE for Autism Foundation reserves the right to contact program providers.
- Any Scholarship funds received from another source must be indicated on the JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarship Application. Failure to do so may result in denial of future JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarship requests.
- Upon completion of the program, a survey will be sent to the address provided on the JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarship Application. Response is required within 60 days of receipt of the survey. Failure to return the survey may result in denial of future JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarship requests.
- Fraudulent submission of Scholarship Application, Diagnosis Documentation, Survey Responses or any other requested documentation is cause for immediate and permanent denial of any and all future JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarship funding.
- If the program is cancelled for any reason, any monies refunded must be returned to JACK’S PLACE for Autism Foundation.
- If for any reason, the individual begins the program but does not complete the program, please notify JACK’S PLACE for Autism Foundation immediately in order to be eligible for consideration for future JACK’S DOLLARS Scholarships.